Naan is usually known as the Indian bread as we use the same ingredients that are required to make the bread but just the shape and texture in the made food is different from the bread.It is more like a oblong Roti and that makes the difference in taste too and here we have made it with fresh garlic in convection microwave oven.
• 1/2 cup of warm water
• 2tspof dry active yeast
• 1tsp sugar
• 1 cup of warm milk
• 1 egg
• 1tsp salt
• 4 cups all purpose flour / maida
• 1tbsp oil
• Minimum warm water as per requirement
• 1tsp fresh garlic paste
• Little butter
1. Take the warm water in a bowl and in it mix dry active yeast along with sugar and milk.
2. Now beat the egg and add it to the mix.
3. To this now drop whole of the all purpose flour along with oil and salt.
4. Knead to make a soft dough, adding little warm water only when required.
5. Now keep the dough covered with a cling film and in a warm place to rest and rise.
6. After 1 and a half or two hours you will find the dough has risen. Mix the garlic paste to it and keep it again aside covering with the cling film in a warm place for about half an hour.
7. Remove the cing film again from the dough and take a tennis ball size portion of the dough. Roll it out now into an oblong shaped roti or a pancak to make the Naane.
8. Places it under the grill of a convection microwave oven that has been already preheated and bake it for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
• If you are using an otg or a tandoore bake the Naan at the maximum high temperature .
Note : Please watch the video for more info.