Chimichanga originated from Mexico and Spain and is now popular in south-west America.
FOR THE CHIMICHANGA
- 1 Cup Boiled and mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Green, Yellow and Red Bell Peppers
- ½ Cup Spring Onions
- 1 Cup Beans
- 1 Cup Baby Corn
- ½ Cup Tofu
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp oregano Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Chili flakes
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Mix all the filling ingredients for Chimichanga.
- If you are taking out the tortillas from the refrigerator warm them up, so tht they don’t break while folding.
- Keep the baked side of tortillas upwards.
- Place a teaspoon full of the filling in the centre of tortillas.
- Fold the tortillas from all the sides or make a parcel shape and stick the ends with the help of water or a tooth pick.
- Deep or shallow fry the chimichanga till crispy golden brown from all sides or you can even bake them. (If you are baking spray the chimichanga with butter.)
- Top the chimichanga with shredded onions, capsicum, lettuce leaves, tomato and black olives.
- Serve with tomato chili garlic sauce and sour cream.
– You can use any combination of veggies as you like for the filling.
Labels: Bake, Fries, Mexican veg recipe, Spain