Tortillas are just like Indian Roti’s. Flour was introduced in Mexico from Spain. Tortillas are made using various types of flour. Here we will be making them using whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup all purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- Hot water to Knead
- ½ Cup Milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Then using the wet ingredients and knead the flour soft.
- Keep on kneading for about 5 min.
- Cover the dough for about half an hour.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll out the balls into flat round cakes called tortillas
- Bake the tortillas on griddle.
- Bake on one side for a minute then flip on other side and again bake for another minute.
- Then again flip it till they are nice crispy toasted.(You will notice bubbles on the surface of tortillas.)
- You can freeze tortillas and warm them and keep over a cloth when served.
Control the flame of the burner so the tortillas are not burnt.
Labels: Mexican veg recipe