A very popular spicy street dish of eastern India enjoyed equally by all walks of life,made using dry peas and cubes of potatoes.
- 1 Cup Dry Peas Lentil / Mattar Dal
- 2 Medium sized Potatoes
- 3 Medium sized Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 3 Green Chilies
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Medium sized Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- ¼ tsp Nigella / Black Cumin Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
For any further clarification please do watch the video.
- Keep the Dry Peas Lentil soaked in water for about 6 hours adding Salt to it.
- Pressures cook it then for about 5 min.
- In a frying pan fry small cube pieces of potatoes till golden brown.
- Now heat some Oil in the pan, add Cumin seeds and Black Cumin seeds into it and let it to splatter.
- Add chopped Onions to it and sauté till golden brown.
- Add Garlic & Ginger paste along with finely chopped green chilies.
- Now add chopped Tomatoes adding little water till they get soft.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients to this along with spices.(Add water if required)
- Keep covered to cook on medium flame for 10 min.
- Garnish with Garam Masala and Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti, Puri, Paratha or Bun.
Labels: Curries, Indian Cuisine