This recipe may not rate too high from the health point of view but it certainly is finger licking with fried potatoes, our all time favorite.
Ingredients: (Serving 2)
- 300gms Bitter Melon / Bitter Gourd / Karela
- 2 Medium sizedPotatoes/ Aloo
- 2 Big Onion
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Dry Mango Powder / Amchoor
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhania
- Take enough of Oil in a frying pan and fry long cut and peeled Potatoes till golden brown.
- Same as this fry the peeled and long cut Bitter Melon till golden brown.
- Now in a non stick pan take 1 tbsp of hot Oil and add Cumin seeds and Carom seeds into it to crackle.
- Add Onions to fry till transparent and then add Salt and Turmeric powder.
- Sauté for a while and then add the fried Bitter Gourd and Potatoes.
- Add the rest of spices and keep on cooking till the Karela and Aloo is tender.
- At last sprinkle with Garam Masal and serve hot with Roti or Paratha.
For any further clarification please do watch the video.
- Don’t keep the Bitter Gourd or even Potatoes cut and refrigerated long before cooking; they don’t become soft easily at time of cooking.
Labels: Fries, Indian Cuisine