Bread now can be said is a part of our daily food needs and we can have it at any time of the day from morning breakfast to night dinner. We must have tasted and seen a lot of variety of breads but the taste aroma and fun of baking a bread at home is different and that too in 5 minutes in the microwave. Here we will see how to make a home made loaf using whole wheat flour that is healthy and easy to digest.
Ingredients (Serving 4 )
- 450g (3 cups) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbs (12g) Dry Active Yeast
- 1 Cup lukewarm Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil / Margarine
1. Take ½ cup of lukewarm water, dissolve yeast and sugar in it then keep it to foam up and rise for about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl now mix Whole wheat Flour, Salt, Milk, Oil and the risen Yeast to make very soft dough. (Add water when required).Keep on kneading the dough for about 10 to 20 minutes.
3. Leave the bowl completely covered with a plastic bag for about 2 hours in a warm place.
4. You will see the dough has risen to double now.
5. Knead it again for a while dusting the dough with the extra Wheat Flour if required.
6. Take a plastic container and grease it with a little oil and dust some wheat Flour over it - remove the extra Flour.
7. Place the dough in the container and spread it to the shape of container removing the air from the dough.
8. Seal the container again with a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Take out the dough from the refrigerator the next day about 5 hours before putting it to bake in the Microwave for about 5 minutes on high power.
10. Pierce the bread with a toothpick to check if the bread is ready.( The toothpick will come out dry and clean.)
11. Take out the bread from the container and cool it over a perforated rack.
12. Serve hot baked in a toaster.
- The more you knead the dough and make it soft adding little water your bread will turn up to be softer.
- Keep a glass of water in the microwave while making of the bread. This will give a good crust to the bread and help to retain its moisture.
- If the bread is properly made in microwave it will make a hollow sound when you tap it on the bottom.