This tasty plus easy to make recipe made of Ghiya or Lauki is a very lite dish, good for digestion and low in calorie. It’s ideal to have it during summers with rice
Ingredients: (Serving 4)
- Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) 750gms
- Fresh Curd 750gms
- Shahi jeera (caraway) 1tsp
- Salt 1 tap or as per taste
- 3 Cloves
- Cumin Seed Powder 1tsp
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) 1" inch stick
- Fennel seed Powder (Saunf) 2 tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Ginger Powder (Saunth) ½ tsp
- 3 Green Cardamoms
- 1 Black Cardamoms
Please do see the video above.
- Peel and cut Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) in big cube size pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the Lauki pieces till they are golden brown.
- After frying take out the pieces of Lauki and keep them aside.
- In the remaining oil (You can take out the excess oil if you want before preparation of gravy)add Shahi Jeera and cloves.
- As soon it splatters add the fried Lauki in it.
- Now pour 1 ½ glass of water.
- Add the other grounded spices now – Fennel seed powder, Cumin seed powder, Ginger powder and salt. Mix all these properly.
- Cover up the pan and keep it to cook for 10 min on medium flame.
- After this remove the cover and add the Yoghurt (Curd), powder of Cinnamon, powder of Green & Black Cardamom.
- Keep it to cook for another 3 to 4 min.