Poha is a very tasty and healthy Indian recipe usually taken as a breakfast or can be eaten even as at evening hours. Its simple and easy to make like Upma within no time.
Ingredients: (Serving 4)
- 4 Cups Thick Flat Rice Flakes (Chivda)
- 3 Medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 Cup fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- 3 Finely Chopped Green Chilies.
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1tsp Onion Seeds (Kalonji)
- Heat the oil in a pan, after its hot enough add the Onion seeds, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves and finely chopped chilies in it.
- As the Onion Seeds & Cumin Seeds start Crackling put the chopped onions in the pan.
- Sauté the Onions till they become translucent.
- Now its time to add the Peas, Corn, Salt and Turmeric powder.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients properly for a couple of minutes and then add the washed Rice Flakes.
- Add the lemon Juice and now keep on cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Your Poha is ready to be served hot.
- After washing the Rice Flakes strain out all the excess water from it properly otherwise the Poha might become mashy.
Please do view the video above
- You can add vinegar or Amchoor Powder instead of Lemon Juice.