Mixed Vegetable Pakora is an Indian snack usually taken with tea in the evening mostly enjoyed at times of rain. The main ingredients used here are
Ingredients: (Serving 4)
- Onion 1 Cup
- Capsicum 1 Cup
- Potatoes 1 Cup
- Tomatoes 1 Cup
- Cauliflower 1 Cup
- Fresh Ginger 1 inch
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves ½ cup
- Onion Seeds (Kalonji) 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 1tsp
- Corn Flour 1 Cup
- Gram Flour (Besan) 1 Cup
- Mango powder (Amchoor)
- Salt 2 tsp (add to taste)
- Oil to fry
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients into it – onion, capsicum, potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower ,fresh Ginger, coriander leaves, onion Seeds, chilies finely cut, cumin Seeds, corn Flour, gram Flour, mango powder and salt.
- Carefully start adding little water into it to make a paste like consistency of the batter.
- Heat the oil for frying (Check if the oil is ready for frying by putting a drop of batter into it; if there is a crackling sound and you can see bubbles in the oil after adding the batter drop then it can said to be ready)
- Now start frying the batter by putting small portions of it into the hot oil with a spoon.
- Turn them occasionally after frying on one side for about 2 min. keep on frying Pakora’s till 4 to 5 min; that is until Pakora’s turn up golden brown in color.
- Strain them out on a tissue paper.
- At last serve hot with any chutney or sauce along with tea.
- Mix all the ingredients very well before adding the water in the batter to check the moisture as the vegetables themselves give out a little amount of water. This avoids adding excess water in the batter.
- The oil in the frying pan should be as much that the Pakora’s get deep fried,
- If the oil is not hot enough for frying then the Pakora batter will start sticking on the base of pan.
- Fry the Pakora’s on a medium flame so that they turn up to be more crispy.
- You can alternate the vegetables with any other vegetables as per choice or add some more to the mixture like Baby Corn, Mushroom, Peas, Eggplant and so on.
- You can substitute Mango powder with Lemon juice.
- You can less the quantity of Gram flour to Corn flour to make Pakora’s more crispier.